Although not every game supports the use of controllers, several of the more popular games on the App Store allow it, including Epic Game’s free-to-play “Fortnite.”
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to connect an Xbox One controller to your iPhone
Before you can connect the controller, you need to figure out if your Xbox One controller has Bluetooth capabilities.
A Bluetooth-capable Xbox One controller has plastic around the Xbox button that matches the rest of the controller’s color. Non-Bluetooth controllers instead have plastic that matches the bumpers, which house the RB and LB buttons.
Now, if you have an Xbox One controller with Bluetooth:
1. Hold down the Xbox One logo, located on the top center of the controller, until its backlight starts flashing. If you’re using a controller already paired with an Xbox One console, hold the small button located in between the Xbox One bumper buttons.
2. Grab your iPhone and open the Settings app.
3. Tap “Bluetooth.” It’s one of the first options.
4. Once you’re in the Bluetooth menu, you should see a device appropriately named “Xbox One Wireless Controller.”
5. Tap your controller on the list, and your iPhone will ask you if you want to pair the device.
6. If you’re done using your controller and want to disconnect it, go to the Bluetooth menu again, tap the small “i” icon next to the device’s name, and then tap “Disconnect.”