We’re very much expecting Epic Games to announce a new content update in the coming week, and it should be a pretty big one.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a pretty big update to the game, and many fans are chomping at the bit, waiting for Epic to apply some big changes – and add more content – to the game.
As update 11.40 is slated to be a major update, analysts and players are expecting the next patch to release alongside a period of extended server downtime, which will likely last for a couple of hours (if previous updates are anything to go by).
Here’s everything we know about the incoming 11.40 update so far.
Fortnite 11.40 update – Launch time, downtime
Epic Games has started to test the next update on its staging servers, according to gamers familiar with the test realm.
Infamous Fortnite leaker Lucas7Yoshi has noted that the update 11.40 should launch some time this coming week.
We’re anticipating the game moving to v11.40 tomorrow, January 14.
We’ll keep you updated as any more official information is announced by the developer.
Fortnite 11.40 update – Early patch notes
As per the Fortnite Trello board, here are some of the updates and fixes we should expect to land in the
• Unable to go through gifting process
– Players on consoles may get stuck and unable to progress through gifting process if they do not have 2-Factor Authentication
• Unable to select traps with a controller when ‘Pick up’ indicator is on-screen (future update)
– Players may be unable to select traps with a controller when the ‘Pick up’ indicator is on-screen
• Quick Bar inadvertently defaulted off on consoles/PC
– We’re aware of an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on consoles and PC
• Star Wars Legacy entries disappeared
– Players’ Star Wars Legacy entries have disappeared
• “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction remap
– After direction is remapped from a non-“F” key to the “F” key, the key may not allow for proper movement
• Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode
– Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode, even if they’re not editing anything
• Sniper Rifle crosshairs may disappear when players fall into a Hideout
– Falling into a Hideout (haybale, dumpster, port-a-potty) while holding a Sniper Rifle may cause the crosshairs to disappear