Accounting SQL Server Developer – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed its 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Amherst Residential is hiring for an Accounting SQL Server Developer for its office in Austin, TX. As an Accounting SQL Server Developer, you will use your broad skill set and passion for data to architect, design and develop improvements to our ERP platform for our Accounting department. This can involve creating reports for end-users, executing stored procedures, extracting data, transforming it, and loading it into the same system or coordinate exporting of data across to a different department.
- Work with the Accounting staff and management to develop improvements
- Ability to work on multiple ETL partner/vendor integration projects
- Design and build data processes and structures as needed for projects
- Work closely with the business, reporting team, business analyst and end-users in end-to-end solutions
- Utilize SQL Server and other tools available from the ERP
Desired Skills & Background:
- 5+ years of experience in SQL Server database development or custom SQL development
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Management Information Systems or a related field. Having a degree in Accounting or Management Information Systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of designing and delivering scalable solutions
- Knowledge of SQL table design
- Serious MS SQL Server skills. Experience developing complex efficient queries, designing and building logical data models, and working with large datasets on a relational database system
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of projects with diligence and consistency in carrying out tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to function well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and interrupt-driven environment
- Problem solver able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution
- Quick learner open to new ideas and technologies, and willing to offer creative solutions
- Ownership and prideful in work and brings new ways and ideas to the table
- Knowledge of accounting terms and practices
Perks of joining our team:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.